Ofcom Guidelines





After doing much research into the codes and guidelines that Ofcom has set for documentaries, I am now far more knowledgeable on what to take into consideration when producing my own. The Ofcom Guidelines are focussed around the idea that documentaries can and should be used as a tool, and there for fairness and impartiality are integral to the genre and filmmaking style. Ofcom also highlights that the information that is broadcast should be ‘truthful’ in order to be ‘legal’ in the filmmaking world. 

This was a very interesting exercise in learning about the areas to take into consideration when creating my own content, I will defiantly be applying this study and research to my own documentary. 

Here is the link that I gather my information from for the poster: Ofcom Broadcasting codes

Comments

Popular Posts