Technical conventions of documentaries

 

Here is a short video on my research process when looking into the technical conventions of documentaries. 

I started by looking into camera angles, and watched the clip on YouTube Framing and camera angles. This was helpful as it allowed me to narrow down which shot types are most relevant to filming interviews in documentaries, there was also some helpful information of filming an environment to convey meaning and relationships. 

After, I watched a video specifically on filming a cinematic documentary (Filming a cinematic documentary ). This was very helpful as it explained the lighting choices made when filming a documentary interview, how certain choices were or weren’t made in order to compliment the genre and narrative; I really enjoyed this video and found it interesting. 

Other links I used for this research will be attached below:

Research into best cameras for filming documentaries

More info on filming equipment

Comments

Popular Posts