Critiquing my last vlog

 



(Link to my previous vlog Previous vlog)

As I am new to vlogging, I feel it is a good exercise to occasionally critique my videos to see what I could do better. 
I can clearly see that I haven’t made a vlog in quite some time as I look uncomfortable. My eyes keep wondering to the side of the screen, I continuously loose my train of thought and I get distracted at times. To help this I think I will make a list of bullet point of the things that I would like to talk about during my vlogs to help the process flow smoothly. 
The editing in this vlog is also very choppy at times and looks messy, this is a consequence of me stuttering and not remembering what I was trying to say. Another reason way having a ‘script’ or template to guide me. 
I also feel that it might help me to watch other vloggers to try and mimic (to a certain extent) their techniques, ie where they put the camera, if they move around, editing skills etc. This way I can expand my knowledge and skill. 
I’m actually really enjoying making vlogs, I find they are a simple, quick and easy way to express how and what I’m thinking about during my advanced portfolio. Although I am still making some mistakes and learning I am glad that I have started as I can see how far I have come on my vlogging journey!

Here are a few links that I will use for improving my vlogs: 

Emma Chamberlain: Venice, Italy


Jeven Dovey: How to vlog

Comments

Popular Posts